TREA Partners with The Biden-?Harris Administration
Thursday, December 16, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Bill McCabe
TREA Partners with The Biden-?Harris Administration to Strengthen America’s Trucking Workforce
TREA is proud to partner with The White House, the U.S. Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment and Training Service, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to enable transitioning servicemembers and veterans to attain good jobs in the trucking industry. With over 70,000 veterans who are likely to have certified trucking experience, we must ensure those who are seeking a CDL will be recognized and given every opportunity to succeed. These initiatives will build on pre-existing models, such as SkillBridge programs for transitioning servicemembers, including:
• Expanding outreach with partners and stakeholders in the veteran employment space to support veteran career pathways into the trucking industry.
• Helping employers seeking CDL drivers connect with federal, state, and other resources to facilitate connecting those employers to job-seeking veterans.
• Expanding partnerships between the Employment Navigator and Partnership Pilot (ENPP) and the trucking industry to more effectively assist transitioning servicemembers with the establishment of career goals and to connect them with best-in-class employment partners to facilitate positive employment outcomes.
• Exploring use of the Off-Base Transition Training Pilot Program (OBTT) to extend employment readiness curriculum to connect veterans, members of the National Guard and Reserve, and their spouses to a career path in trucking.
• Amplify VA programs that provide truck driving and related training to include the Veteran Readiness & Employment (VR&E) program and the Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP). VA currently offers 120 approved commercial driving programs to veterans eligible for the VRRAP program, of which 31 are currently being used. More than 8,400 commercial driving programs are approved for use by eligible veterans under the GI Bill.
If you are a transitioning servicemember or veteran who has experience or would like to obtain experience in the trucking industry, please consider reaching out.
To view the official release on behalf of The Biden-Harris Administration, click HERE.